Wednesday 3 September 2008

Goddard talks about cancer battle

TV presenter Trisha Goddard has spoken about the treatment she is receiving for chest cancer spell she continues to salute her Channel 5 show.

Writing in her column in a weekend magazine published by the Eastern Daily Press in the UK, Goddard said: "As far as chemotherapy side-effects go, I've had a hebdomad from hell."

She continued: "A heartfelt give thanks you to my chemo nurses and hospital pharmacists for coming up with a intermixture of drugs to get me through two years in the television studios, clocking up some 22 hours of work and looking offbeat the whole time."

She added: "Some amazingly strong painkillers were official and along with self-will I did my thing in front end of the cameras without hardly anyone knowing what was going on."



More info